grow with us
Work with us to create and deliver animal-friendly food to people around the world. Take part in leaving a better planet for future generations. Inspired? Let's chat.
We’d love to work with you.We’ll just need to find the right opening for your awesome skills. If you don’t see a job listing below that matches what you bring to the table, please drop your resume and cover letter to HR@tofurky.com and stay in touch.
In this role you will join a team of technicians responsible for equipment repair, updates, preventative maintenance and new installations in our manufacturing environment. This is a full-time position, reporting to our Maintenance Manager.
The Tofurky Company (a leading manufacturer of meat alternatives) is seeking a skilled Maintenance Technician II. In this role you will join a team of technicians responsible for equipment repair, updates, preventative maintenance and new installations in our manufacturing environment. This is a full-time position, reporting to our Maintenance Manager.
In our stable and growing company, you’ll look forward to on-the-job training, great benefits and room for advancement. Your skills will be employed to help bring a new state of the art LEED platinum processing facility online located in beautiful Hood River, OR. We’d expect you to thrive in a dynamic environment, where hard work and having fun are respected and encouraged.
What you’ll do:
- Lead preventative maintenance, maintenance repairs and troubleshooting of plant equipment within the areas of mechanical, electronic, hydraulic, and pneumatic systems.
- Troubleshoot electrical systems and control circuitry.
- Interact with Vendors/Contractors during equipment installs and troubleshooting.
- Use tools such as basic hand tools, machine shop equipment, precision measuring instruments, Volt/Ohm meters, amp meters, cutting and welding equipment in a safe and effective manner.
- Complete assigned work orders and PM tasks in a timely and efficient manner.
- Work with members of the maintenance department to keep equipment and facility running smoothly and safely.
- Identify equipment improvement opportunities to increase operation effectiveness and efficiencies.
- Operate all production equipment to perform functional operating checks and ensure work was performed as required.
- Must be able to work independently and in multi-department teams.
- Present an open and friendly attitude toward all employees.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and adjust priorities.
- Safety first mindset.
What skills and education you’ll need:
- Possess a high school diploma or GED.
- Minimum 5 years maintenance experience required.
- Possess basic computer skills with a working knowledge of Microsoft office and computerized maintenance management systems.
- Ability to read and understand electrical and mechanical prints.
- Experience working with packaging, thermoform, and food processing equipment and its support equipment such as dryers, loaders, conveying systems and facilities is preferred.
- Experience working with Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC), variable frequency drives and instrumentation is preferred.
What we’ll do:
We know you’re valuable and we’ll work hard to keep you challenged. The qualified candidate will receive:
- Competitive salary, dependent on experience.
- 100% employer paid comprehensive medical, 80% employer paid dental benefits.
- Auto-enrollment in Tofurky profit sharing program and eligibility for 401K contribution + match.
- Employer paid Term Life Insurance, Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance.
- Company paid time off including holiday time.
How to apply:
Please submit resume (and cover letter) to HR@tofurky.com. Please reference “Maintenance Tech II” in the subject line.
Please submit resume (and cover letter) by replying to this ad. Please reference “Maintenance Tech II” in the subject line.
The Tofurky Company is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against applicants or employees because of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, citizenship disability status or otherwise qualified membership in any other class protected by applicable law.