grow with us
Work with us to create and deliver animal-friendly food to people around the world. Take part in leaving a better planet for future generations. Inspired? Let's chat.
We’d love to work with you.We’ll just need to find the right opening for your awesome skills. If you don’t see a job listing below that matches what you bring to the table, please drop your resume and cover letter to HR@tofurky.com and stay in touch.
Quality Assurance Technician I
In this role you will join a team of technicians responsible for verifying food safety during each step in production, ensuring our customers can always enjoy our products with full confidence.
The Tofurky Company (a leading manufacturer of meat alternatives) is seeking a Quality Assurance Technician I. In this role you will join a team of technicians responsible for verifying food safety during each step in production, ensuring our customers can always enjoy our products with full confidence. The QA Technician will assist in the monitoring and advancement of our food safety and quality programs by completing both daily process checks and assisting in both short and long term projects. This is a full-time position, reporting to our Quality Assurance Supervisor.
In our stable and growing company, you’ll look forward to on-the-job training, great benefits and room for advancement. Your skills will be employed in our new state of the art LEED platinum processing facility online located in beautiful Hood River, OR. We’d expect you to thrive in a dynamic environment, where hard work and having fun are respected and encouraged.
What you’ll do:
- Perform and document process checks throughout production (packaging, sanitation, warehousing, cold storage, etc).
- GMP audits and direct observation.
- Sanitation verification, gluten testing, package integrity, and other data collection activities.
- Sample submissions of product samples to external laboratories for analysis. Reporting and archiving of the results.
- Maintain accurate and organized records of QA activities.
- On-the-job training with different workgroups.
What skills and education you’ll need:
- Basic math and writing skills
- Basic computer skills
- Bilingual preferred
- Attention to detail
- Good follow through
What we’ll do:
We know you’re valuable and we’ll work hard to keep you challenged. The qualified candidate will receive:
- Competitive salary, dependent on experience.
- 100% employer paid comprehensive medical, 80% employer paid dental benefits.
- Auto-enrollment in Tofurky profit sharing program and eligibility for 401K contribution + match.
- Employer paid Term Life Insurance, Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance.
- Company paid time off including holiday time.
How to apply:
Please submit resume (and cover letter) to HR@tofurky.com. Please reference “QA Tech I” in the subject line.
The Tofurky Company is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against applicants or employees because of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, citizenship disability status or otherwise qualified membership in any other class protected by applicable law.