Spicy Breakfast Burritos
Makes 6 servings
what you’ll need:
1 (14 ounce) package firm tofu, drained
2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
½ teaspoon turmeric
½ teaspoon sea salt
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 medium bell pepper, diced
1 small onion, diced
6 large (10”) whole wheat tortillas
1 package Tofurky® Andouille Sausage
how to make:
1. In a large bowl, roughly crumble tofu into small pieces. Sprinkle with nutritional yeast, turmeric, and salt, and gently toss until evenly coated.
2. In a large nonstick skillet, warm oil over medium-high heat. Sauté bell peppers, onions, and tofu for 4-5 minutes. Remove from heat and cool to room temperature.
3. To assemble, place about ½ cup each of the scramble and sausage mixtures along the center of the tortilla. Fold two sides of the tortilla over the filling, then roll the burrito.
4. Place burritos, seam side down, on individual squares of foil, then wrap and freeze.
5. When ready to eat, remove foil and wrap in a damp paper towel. Place on a plate and microwave until heated through, about 3-4 minutes. Serve with salsa.
More like this on Pinterest!