Stout-Glazed Burger with Mushrooms and Onions
what you’ll need:
1 package TofurkyⓇ DIY Burger
2 tablespoons preferred vegetable oil, divided
1 large onion, thinly sliced
½ teaspoon fine sea salt
8 ounces cremini mushrooms, thinly sliced
1 (12oz) bottle stout beer
½ cup brown sugar
4 vegan hamburger buns
8 ounces vegan cheddar (We <3 Follow Your HeartⓇ Cheddar)
how to make:
- Form TofurkyⓇ DIY Burger into 4 patties. Set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add 1 tablespoon oil. When hot, add onion and salt and cook, stirring, until softened, about 5 minutes. Add mushrooms and cook until they release their juices and the juices are cooked off, 4 minutes more.
- While onions and mushrooms cook, in a medium saucepan bring beer and sugar to a boil. Cook until reduced to a syrupy glaze, about 12 minutes. Set aside.
- Transfer onions and mushrooms to a bowl, wipe out the skillet, return to the heat, then add 1 tablespoon oil.
- Add burgers to the skillet and cook, flipping once, until browned on both sides, about 4 minutes per side. Place burgers on buns, brush with glaze, and top with onions, mushrooms, and cheddar.